The "Emission Accounting in Oil and Gas Operations" course is specifically designed to provide operators with a comprehensive understanding of greenhouse gas (GHG) emission accounting principles and practices in the petroleum industry. The course covers the identification, quantification, and reporting of emissions from various sources, measurement techniques, calculation methodologies, data management, and verification processes. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge, practical examples, case studies, and interactive exercises, participants will gain the necessary skills to effectively regulate and monitor emissions in upstream petroleum operations. Reference standards and guidelines would include ISO14064 (1, 2 &3), IPCC, API and OGMP 2.0
• Understanding the regulatory requirements for accounting and reporting GHG emissions
• Understand the fundamentals of emission accounting and its significance in the upstream, midstream, and downstream petroleum industry.
• Acquire knowledge about the sources and measurement techniques of greenhouse gas emissions in oil and gas production operations.
• Gain insights into the various calculation methodologies used in emission accounting.
• Develop expertise in data management and quality assurance for emission reporting.
• Understand the verification processes and methods to ensure accurate and reliable emission reporting by operators.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· Explain the importance of emission accounting in the petroleum sector and its role in environmental management and regulatory compliance.
· Identify and categorize the different sources of greenhouse gas emissions in oil and gas operations.
· Demonstrate an understanding of various measurement techniques and calculation methodologies for quantifying emissions.
· Apply data management and quality assurance practices to ensure accurate and reliable emission reporting.
· Interpret and apply regulatory frameworks and reporting requirements specific to emission accounting in the petroleum industry.
· Implement verification processes and methods to ensure compliance and accuracy of reported emissions data.
· Evaluate emission reduction strategies and technologies applicable in oil and gas operations.
· Analyze case studies and real-life examples to assess emission accounting practices and make informed operational decisions.